Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What I really want to Become


Since a very young age I have always considered doing many things when I got older as a career. At one point I wanted to be a doctor, a nurse, and a clothes designer. The only thing that I stuck with since I was in elementary school was to be a teacher. I really wanted to major in education to become a teacher because I love kids and I would love to teach them new ways to learn about the things that are pivotal for them to know in life.
No one in my family, that I know of, has ever majored or minored in education, so I would be one of the first ones in my family to do it which is really neat. One of the main reasons why I always wanted to be a teacher is because I feel like it’s something that is helping out the community in appositive way and I believe that America needs more great teachers, definitely in some of the areas in The United States where the school systems aren’t very good. Even though in a lot of places like that, some of the kids do not want to learn, there are always that select few that do want to learn and go to school, and I want to be there to help them. I think that my family is very proud of me for the decision that I have made to become a teacher because I could have turned out like a lot of the people I graduated with and be doing nothing right now.
Another big reason why I think I have chosen to become an educator is because one of my favorite people growing up was my third grade teacher Mrs. Avery. She inspired me so much, probably more that anyone ever has. She taught me to be patient and work things out in my own sweet time. She was also an overall great educator and person. I have not seen Mrs. Avery in many, many years but her influence still has a big effect on who I am today as a person. She is also the one who inspired me to want to teach the third grade in particular. If it wasn’t for Mrs. Avery and her impact on me as a child, I probably wouldn’t have wanted to become an educator.
Another big reason for wanting to attend school for education is because I have a lot of traits that I believe would make me good at it. I am very patient, definitely when it come s to young people. I am able to hear a child out when they need to be heard, even when they whine and are a little antsy. I think that patience is the key to many things, but becoming a teacher, requires having patience because of the situations that you might be in. I also have the ability to take control and be a leader. Although I am somewhat of a shy person, when it is needed I know how to step up and voice my opinion. I think that doing that is important because, when someone is doing something that they are not supposed to be doing, you cant just sit there and be afraid to say something, no matter what age group they are. I have thick skin and a backbone which I think will bring me along way in the education world. Another thing that I do that I believe is a plus is I am very creative. When learning sometimes it is hard to concentrate or understand something when your just sitting there listening. Since I was younger I have always been creative and also I learned fun entertaining ways to learn and remember things from my old teachers in elementary, middle, and high school. So I believe that I can give kids a fun way to remember things that they wont forget in their life.
All in all I do think that me being an educator was my choice and something that I cant wait to start. I am very thankful to the people who inspired me on the way, like my third grade teacher Mrs. Avery and my family. When all is said and done, I know that I am doing something that not only is helping the community but it is also something that I really want to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment