
Ever since I was really young I have always had a soft spot for writing. I would write plays, short stories are comic strips when I was bored or to entertain people. When I was in the fourth grade there was another hidden talent that I soon discovered. It was poetry. Since that first poem I wrote in the fourth grade, I haven’t really stopped writing since. To me, poetry is something that can never be wrong because it is something that you feel or that you have gone through. Other people may be able to relate, but no one can tell you that your very own poem is wrong.
I usually write poetry when I am feeling a little bit sad, angry, or maybe even happy. When there are a lot of feelings going through me at once, instead of yelling them out for the world to hear, I will grab a pen and a pad and write down everything I am feeling. Believe it or not, once I have done that, usually all the tension I was feeling seems like it has left my body and is now on that pad of paper.

I love poetry because every poem has a hidden meaning usually. The person who wrote the poem always knows exactly what they meant when they wrote it, but sometimes it might take the reader a minute or two to realize what the poem is about. Sometimes at first, my poems might seem like a bunch of words thrown together, but once you really get the meaning you realize that it is much deeper than that. Other times it is very easy to understand what I am talking about in the poem, definitely I you have been through the same experiences.
I usually always find time to write, either before or after school. It doesn’t always come to easily though. I have to find something that inspires me to write. If it is not something that I am experiencing personally, than I usually let others inspire me to write about something.
My poetry is, to me, usually very organized and rhymes. They are usually not that long either because I feel like the shortest poems are usually the ones with the most meanings (Although long ones have meaning to)
I do not have many hobbies but am very proud to say that poetry is biggest forte. Never been very sporty to play sports, or artistic to draw or paint, but writing is something that takes me to the next level and beyond. When you have something that you are passionate about, you usually will stick with it forever. I hope to do so.
One of my favorite poems was by Tupac Shakur, entitled "The rose that Grew from Concrete.............

"Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared."
This poem would seem like it is actually about a rose that grew from concrete when in actuality is about how a young man (or anyone) is able to come up out o a bad neighborhood or situation and make something of themselves. I believe his meaning was that anyone who was walking down the street and saw a rose growing from concrete would stop and be amazed by it. But when he came up out of the ghetto (just like the rose came out of the concrete) all anybody could do was look at his flaws instead of admire the fact that he made it out of somewhere where a lot of people don’t make it out of.
I really admire poems like this and many more because they inspire me to write. Sometimes hen I am bored, I will think about something that has happened to me or that I want to happen and I'll write about it. Sometimes it comes really easily other times not so much. But at the end of the day it fells good to know that I am the one that wrote it, and it is my very own. I can also look back on some of them sometimes when I am feeling a certain way and they make me feel better. Poetry is something that uplifts my soul and heart and I know that it is something I will continue to do and share forever more.

No comments:
Post a Comment